Sewing From Scratch - Sold out!
Time & Location
About The Event
12 hours of fun and learning while making practical projects, which include an apron and a cushion. The tips and techniques you are taught will be invaluable in your new sewing career, whether that is for dressmaking, quilting, mending / upcycling, or making homewares and gifts .
FULL PRICE: €150
DEPOSIT REQUIRED: €30
Please note that deposits are non refundable - for full terms and conditions please click here.
Topics covered include:
- Getting to know your sewing machine
- Learn to thread your machine; insert needles; wind bobbins; and adjust tension
- Learn about patterns, fabrics and scissors
- Using bias binding to neaten / decorate edges
- Making pockets
- Adding straps
- Tips and Tasters on Applique, Bondaweb, Pleating, Buttonholes etc
There is a sewing machine available for everyone attending, but feel free to bring your own if you wish to learn on it.
Materials are not included but can be purchased throughout the course at 10% discount.
Level: Suits all levels
6 week duration, choose either the morning session 10am - 12pm or evening session 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Evening Sewing - Deposit€30€300€0